We interrupt your regularly scheduled narcissistic pity party to bring you a pop culture post.
By now, you’ve probably seen the Star Wars episode VII Trailer. If you’re like me (skeptical and slightly racist), then you probably thought it was fake. Let me explain.
First, in case you haven’t seen it, watch it:
Now, watch this next movie clip from Space Balls:
Now, go back and watch the Star Wars episode VII trailer again.
That should give you a somewhat disturbing glimpse into how my mind works. That’s the slightly racist part of me. The skeptical part of me was invoked by the following:
- The segments seemed like they could have been faked. X-wing fighters, Millennium Falcon, desert
- That rolling ball robot thing looks like Marvin the Paranoid Android meets Island of Misfit Toys meets 1970s PBS special.
- The land cruiser looks like a refrigerator
- Where are the credits? The studio small print?
- The Star Wars logo – it is so simple and so retro
- There have been a million knockoff trailers lately
- It just looks cheep and not exciting at all
There ya go. My useless review of the Star Wars episode VII teaser trailer. What did you think of it?