Let’s do this again. You know the drill. I agree to post 90 times in the next 90 days and you agree to get on my case if I slack off. Benefits of this agreement include some or none of the following:
- I write
- I feel better because I am writing
- You get to chuckle, cry, be bored, yell at me, and/or learn something
- You get to teach me something (you know, by commenting on my posts)
- The world gets some unique arrangements of the alphabet and punctuation marks
- I learn to write sentence more gooder
Why? I know people who say writing is like air. I’ve read about authors who say if they did not write there is no end to the despair they would feel in their lives. I wondered if I am a real writer since I’ve never said these things. The thing that occurred to me the other day was that when I write I feel better. I feel, I don’t know, like I’m DOing something. I’m putting myself in the game. I’m living my life. I am awake. It doesn’t hurt that I get to receive feedback. Mostly positive feedback. And some constructive feedback. And when I am not writing, I feel jumbled up inside. Like everything is not sorted. Like there is some serious housekeeping that is going undone. Ironically, when I am writing, literal housekeeping sometimes goes undone and that’s okay. Because I am writing.
That’s why. Enjoy the next 90 days.